Sunday, July 6, 2014

Organization:

Organization
 "Always a Work in Progress"

Ok, here is the story.  I am always looking for a way to get better organization.  I am a long way from where I want to be but, I thought I would share where I am at.  

This first option is an old greenbar printer stand.  My company was going to trash this.  SCORE!  Look outside of the box when thinking of storage and organization.


I have my Sizzix on top, followed by my Cricut Cartridge Organizers (show later), then my Cricut, Printer and Sewing Machine.  This really saves a lot of room.  I am working on possibly painting it black as that is most of my decor.



I love cases with lots of squares to put my embellishments in.  This one holds my CTMH embellishments, I have the name of the color in the cubby so I can stay color coordinated.



 I hang my cutting mats on the wall and my ribbon holder next to it. I find this is the best option for cutting mats.


This is one of my favorites it is the standard storage drawers that are sold all over.  I love it because...




It holds these little boxes that I also got from a business that was tossing them.  They get items shipped in them and then toss them, so I got quite a supply.  You can open the drawer and see everything separated.



 I have been a stamper for a few years, so I used to buy wood stamps.  I am now sold on CTMH acrylics.  so I will show you how to store those a little later.  I noticed when my woods were in a drawer  I would forget what I had and not use them.  So I put them on this DVD shelf and now I am always looking at them and use them more often.


Never underestimate the power of pegboard.  You can not beat the price of the amount of organization you can get from a 2 by 4 foot piece of pegboard.  You can always change it around, add or remove items.

I love cricut cartridges but hate how much room the boxes took up so I got these and they stack together and fit on my printer stand.


I love a good book shelf.  I use lots of baskets and cases and stack them on the book shelf.  When it is in eye site I investigate and use it!

This is another of my favorites, the CTMH ink/marker case.  Being able to see my inks and markers at glance let's me decide my colors easily.  Plus it has a handle and I can carry them from room to room.


This is one of the funniest.  I use one of those jewelry holders to hold my punches.


Now for my acrylic stamps I use these storage boxes from CTMH.  Each one hold between 12 to 15 stamps sets.  I am in the process of creating nice tags to label each of the boxes.


My all time favorite project for organization is my paper storage rack.  I bought cube sets from Walmart and zip ties and created this 3 column paper holder.  Because it is 3 columns it more stable than just a single tower.  I put the shelves in different directions to help sort and a couple of them hollow to hold my albums.

So this is where my room is right now.  Next?  I have taken a picture of each of my acrylic stamp sets and plan to put them in a photo album with organizing tabs, so I can page through to see and remember what I have. After that the woods.

Thanks for checking out how the Gigi Zone organizes.

Send me your suggestions or let me see what you have done.

Remember you can talk to me for all your Close to My Heart needs

Have a crafting good week.

Gigi
 Www.gigizone.ctmh.com




10 comments:

  1. Oh my Jetti, you really are very organize! You have some great tips! I especially love how you thought out the box and recycled some of your items. Very nice! Maybe one day I will be able to play in that room with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! Loved your punch holder. I have an extra jewelry hanging bag.. Will be fun to be able to see them all st a glance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great space girl! I love the printer holder and how it stores so many pieces. I could use one of those for sure. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool room, I too love the printer holder!! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I love these tips!! I hate organizing my crafty room! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some very clever ideas! Love the way you repurposed that printer holder. You might want to add a link back to Craft Hoarders Anonymous so you can be eligible to win the prize. Great studio tour! Thanks for joining the June Linky party at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of your racks and unique storage ideas! My room looks like a miss matched bunch of storage, but it WORKS and it practical and I will take that...for now. Some day, my dream room will come. ;) Thanks so much for sharing your space with us at Craft Hoarders!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the paper rack you created. I will try to get those wire rack at walmart...thanks for showing us your room...i dont have enough space for all my stuff but would love to do my room like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great storage ideas! Thank you for sharing your talents and ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great ideas! I put my punches in a plastic thing for shoes that I hang on the back of my door. That is a space that is underutilized.

    ReplyDelete